Friday, July 1, 2016

Rafting the Colorado

Rafting the Colorado River

6-30-16

DAY 12

Rafting the Colorado River was way better than hiking! It was actually much better than I expected it would be. We appreciated being able to stay cool on (and in) the river. The rapids were really fun. On the class III section, we managed to hit the only rock that was sticking out though. I was a little freaked out that I couldn't see what was under the water so I didn't go in (especially since Maya thought she saw a water snake in the beginning). Everyone else went in the water though. In fact, Maya fell in off the raft one time and it was super funny. One time James went in the water (with a little help from Papa) and his nose hit my paddle...and we know what happens when anything hits his nose...blood everywhere. So, I guess the Colorado is a little bit more red as a result of us.








For dinner, we had super amazing Mexican food at el Charro Loco. It was the perfect way to cap off our day.

1 comment: